Sunday, November 30, 2008

Yeah, okay, you all were right . . . .



 . . . I can't blog every day.  I gave it a good try.  I will try to keep up on a beer for every day, though.  Last night, we went to a less-than-bueno Mexican restaurant in Northwest Indiana.  They had Miller Lite drafts for $1.00.  NO, Silly, I didn't order one!!!!  The waiter went down the list of bottled beers . . . Miller Lite (for those who don't enjoy the $1.00 drafts, I guess), MGD, Coors Light, Bud Light, Michelob Light, Corona, Corona Light, Modelo, Negra Modelo . . . I'm not even kidding.  I stopped him there.  I ended up with a Negra Modelo -- which in my humble opinion, doesn't really taste like anything but at least doesn't taste like corn and formaldehyde.  
My dear friend Rachel from Lush Wine and Spirits brought me a New Glarus Brewing Bohemian Lager.  New Glarus makes delicious beers, I used to sell Spotted Cow when I was a GM.  Their Bohemian Lager smells just like a German lager should.  It's nice to smell a domestic lager and not smell corn and adjuncts.  According to the label, the recipe is that of an Old World Czech Pilsner, using 100% Czech Moravian Malt, Saaz hops, and three month cold lagering.  All in all, a very serviceable, drinkable lager.  I wish New Glarus would come back to Chicago, and I wish we sold their beers.  Ah well.  If wishes were horses, every beggar would ride, as they say.  I'll blog more tomorrow.  I wanna talk about Surly.  Now I need to watch Amazing Race and fall asleep on the couch.  

No comments: