Sunday, November 23, 2008

oh kids, my stomach's a mess


Not sure why.  We ordered from Chicago Pizza last night and had chicken tenders, fried mushrooms and mozzarella sticks.  Then today, we took Bettye Ruth to Long John Silver's for her birthday lunch.  I think the mass quantities of fried food got to me.  So this one's gonna be quick.
I almost hate to blog about another Great Lakes beer, but I looked in my crisper (that's where the beer is in my fridge), and found Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold.  
I knew I needed something smooth and well-balanced.  GL Dortmunder Gold, as it says on the label, is not as dry as a pilsner nor as malty as a Munich-style lager.  I love hoppy beers but I can't drink 'em on a bad stomach day.  I am happy to say, I am really able to enjoy this beer, even in my temporary fragile state.  It is easy to drink, a great "session" beer as the kids say, and brewed in keeping with the Reinheitsgebot, the Bavarian purity law of 1516.  So it is just pure barley malt, water, hops and yeast.  No funny stuff.  Just a good, clean, simple, delicious beer.  This beer would go great with turkey and football too, for those of you who are shopping for Thanksgiving food.  I'll try to choose some other turkey-friendly beers this week.  

No comments: