Sunday, November 16, 2008

Baby it's cold outside this weekend, so drink this . . .


Gouden Carolus Noel!  It's warm and perfumy and 10% ABV, so it's great for this weekend in Chicago.  I love Chicago because it was 70 degrees about a week ago and today it was in the 30's pretty much all day.  But I digress.  Gouden Carolus is brewed by the Het Anker Brewery in Mechelen.  I have another of their beers in the fridge so I'll talk about that one in the next couple of weeks.  What I like about these beers is the complexity -- the rich, dark copper color, the port-wine-esque fruity nose, the warm black cherry fruit finishing with just a touch of cough-syrupy alcohol.  Also, I like the label!  I am asking Santa for beer this year.  I will leave some Gouden Carolus Noel by my new tabletop fireplace with some cookies -- a great pairing, by the way.  

No comments: