Sunday, November 16, 2008

All you lads and lasses should drink this beer


Robert the Bruce is a supermalty Scottish style ale from the good people at Three Floyds Brewing in Munster, Indiana.  This beer smells almost chocolate-malty, but is much drier to the taste.  It's a perfect blend of sweet and roasty malts and mellow hops.  Really well balanced, and not too strong at 6.5%.  Three Floyds Brewing is known for its well-hopped beers -- Robert the Bruce is the maltiest of their offerings that I have tried.  I recommend letting it open up after opening, like a good wine.  It is so much tastier after warming up a bit.    I've never actually seen the Mel Gibson movie BRAVEHEART in its entirety, but I believe Robert the Bruce figures in the plot somewhere.  The man, not the beer.  
By the way, Terrence on the Amazing Race is a complete baby.  How do women end up with guys like that?  

3 comments:

JanB said...

That sounds absolutely delicious!! Any chance they sell it in MI???

The One and Only Shrockola

Chicago Beer Girl said...

Hey Shrocky !! I don't think Three Floyds is in Michigan yet -- it is a TINY brewery -- maybe I will bring you some when I come see you!

JanB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.