Friday, November 21, 2008

Crap! I'm gonna be late!




Okay, you guys, I am still blogging every day!  It is now four minutes before midnight on Friday night, November 21st.  If I blog after midnight (when we're gonna let it all hang out), I wonder, will it post as Saturday? Well, it's still Friday until I go to sleep, as far as I am concerned.  Anyway . . .
First of all, deluxe thanks to the WOMEN OF LUSH for hosting me tonight at a tasting at Lush Wine and Spirits at 2232 West Roscoe.  We shared lots of excellent beers with the local folks.  It is always a pleasure to do anything there, it is such a beautiful space and all the "Lushes" who work there really know their stuff -- AND are remarkably good looking and smart as hell.
Today, I tried TWO BROTHERS BONFIRE.  I wish I sold Two Brothers beer!  Two Brothers is a fantastic family-owned brewery out there in the 'burbs in Warrenville, Illinois.  It is owned and operated by Jim and Jason Ebel (two brothers, get it), and they make delicious beer.  BONFIRE is their version of a Dunkel Weizen.  It is dark and cloudy with really nice carbonation, a fizzy head, and a strong fruity nose.  It has some sourness to it, almost has some qualities of a Belgian double or a Flemish sour.  Fairly creamy mouthfeel, spicy sour finish.  My favorite Two Brothers beer is HOP JUICE, an imperial IPA, which I hear should be out in a few weeks.  But all their brews are good, solid examples of their styles and worth sitting down for a beer or four.  
I had this on draught at Twisted Spoke, but you can get a 22 ounce bottle at Lush on Roscoe.  



No comments: