Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sorry, sickie, no drinkie

Yes, your Beer Girl has been a little under the weather since a couple of days before New Year's. Started out achy, moved through chest congestion and now it's mostly in my snoot. As a result of that, I had two beers and two glasses of wine over the course of the New Year celebration - and a little champagne at midnight -- but have been pretty much dry ever since. It's a good thing, though, since I think I put on about 50 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year's. So I have been on a sort of diet, also inspired by the many, many publications featuring diet tips and the biggest contestants ever to appear on THE BIGGEST LOSER. For example, today I ate the following:
Breakfast 8:00 am -- two forkfuls of peanut butter
Morning snack 11:00 am -- 1 package Buddig turkey meat
Lunch 1:00 pm -- one Slim-Fast protein bar
Dinner 3:30 ish -- hot dog with mustard and a few Wavy Lay's
(dinner was unusually early because we had to go to Indiana, which is where I am now, which is why this post won't have a lovely picture)
Little snack 6:00 -- four pack Chicken McNuggets
And countless sugar-free Halls cough drops throughout the day, which are 15 calories each AND help make me not hungry AND have a mild laxative effect, to put it politely. So they are the perfect diet food.
The dry spell will end soon, though, because Kate Robertson just gave me a bottle of her husband's Christmas beer, Jingle Brew! Yay!

No comments: