Monday, January 12, 2009

I still can't really taste anything



First of all, the above pictures have nothing to do with this post.  Yeah, I am feeling much better but I still can't really taste anything.  It is sad.  And the cold has now turned into an annoying cough -- annoying for me, annoying for those who have to talk to me, because I could start coughing at any moment, without warning.  Today I bought some high-octane Robutussin.  Do you know what I did with it?  That's right.  LEFT IT IN THE CAR.  And I am certainly not putting clothes and a coat and shoes on again to go get it.  So Halls sugar-free honey lemon drops are my friends again tonight. 
Found out today that my friend Lance from Lush Halsted is moving back to his beloved Texas.  I'll miss him, and wish him every happiness and best of luck.  Sometimes you just know you're going to end up somewhere -- it was always Chicago for me.  I moved to D.C., I spent some time in NY, I moved to Portland, but I always got so homesick for Chicago.  So I am happy for Lance -- I know he loves Texas, and you should be where you love.  Muchos congratulations and best wishes and hip hooray for ERIN, one of the much-lauded Women of Lush who will be taking over managerial duties in University Village.  Looking forward to sharing many excellent beers with you, and at some point learning about wine and whiskey and such.  I am woefully underinformed in these areas.  
In recent beer events in my life, I had some OAT GOOP from 3 Floyds over the weekend, though.  It is an oat wine (as opposed to a barleywine) and is a collaboration brew between the boys at Floyds and Mikkeller brewing.  Now, you would think an oat wine, especially one called OAT GOOP, would be pretty heavy in body, thick mouthfeel, you know, goopy.  But no, it is not super-heavy, not really light either, medium bodied and well balanced.  Surprisingly hoppy for a strong (ten percent ABV, I think) beer.  
I didn't take a picture.  I'll take a picture at the warehouse tomorrow.   Now I'm gonna watch THE BACHELOR and play on Facebook for awhile.  Nighty-night.  

No comments: