Thursday, September 25, 2008

Whither the Beer Blog?

Ultimately, why blog?  We discussed the Beer Advocates and such this morning in the sales office at my dream job at Louis Glunz Beer Inc.  -- celebrating our 120th year, by the way . . . 
Some of my friends and family have blogs.  Check out quickIneedmycamera.blogspot.com and brooklyncookin.blogspot.com, in your abundant spare time.  Reasons for blogging:  it's fun, that's one reason . . . Oftentimes, nobody in my circle of friends gives a rip about if I think a beer is delicious or not . . . that's another reason . . . 
Every year, I think, "oooh, I love Octoberfest beers" and then I have a really hard time finding one I like.  This year is no exception  . . . of the classic Octoberfest Marzen beers, I like Spaten the best.  And, my new favorite brand, Coney Island has a beer called FREAKTOBERFEST -- and what's not to like about that?  
Currently I am enjoying a 3 Floyds Alpha King.  Saving a Coney Island Sword Swallower for the weekend.  oh -- I had a Dogfish Head 120 minute yesterday.  It smells like nail polish remover, but is surprisingly well balanced to the taste.   You can definitely taste the strength of the alcohol.  Talk about a timesaver -- Drink a beer, get drunk, and get hung over all in about two hours.  

No comments: