Friday, September 26, 2008

Charlotte Rae on ER


Good for Charlotte Rae, formerly of FACTS OF LIFE and DIFF'RENT STROKES -- she had a guest spot on the season opener of ER.  I, for one, have had enough of ER.  There's always something horrible going on, and poor alcoholic Abby Lockhart.  Really.  Will they give her a happy ending?
We spent the evening toasting the end of the American Girl Theater, where so many of my friends worked.  I drank Great Lakes Burning River at Jake Melnick's on Superior Street (I drank as many as I could since it was a few days out of date.  I'm willing to take one or four for the team), then headed to Clark Street Ale House for good beer and free appetizers.  
Most of your better beer stores in Chicago should have FOUNDER'S BREAKFAST STOUT currently on the shelves.  It is a beer geek's dream, a rare and beautiful stout made with double chocolate malt, oatmeal, and coffee.  It truly is a perfect first-thing-in-the-morning beer -- or last thing at night.  And I love the label.  Check it out!
Hmmm.  Things don't look good for Mekhi Phifer on ER.  Guess I will watch and see what happens.  As my dear friend Dave says, Cheerios, Beerios!  


No comments: