Wednesday, April 3, 2019

So, I haven't forgotten about how we are going to sample an American IPA and a traditional English IPA. I just haven't had time to get to the store to buy an English IPA.  Coming soon, though!

Do you reward yourself when you've had a good day, or accomplished something you've maybe been putting off? Last Saturday, I finished painting my new reading nook. I had been busy all day, and I felt I deserved a treat. Collective Arts Brewing Company Radio the Mothership was just the thing!

If you're not familiar with Collective Arts, they are out of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, which sounds like it should be far away but actually I could drive there in about 12 hours. They make delicious beer, and each of their cans features work by a different artist. They solicit artists on their website, and if a piece of art is chosen for a can, they pay the artist for the work, they give credit to the artist on the can and anywhere else the art appears, and they DO NOT take ownership of the art - it remains the property of the artist.

From their mission statement:
Art + Brewing -- Collective Arts was founded on two beliefs. The first is that creativity fosters creativity. And the second, that creativity yields delicious pints.

I love a big IPA, so my favorites are Surround Sound Double Dry Hopped Double IPA and Radio the Mothership Imperial IPA, but their sours are excellent too, and they make an award-winning porter.
Look for them at your local beer store.

Collective Arts Beers are, in my opinion, very good.

No comments: