Thursday, March 8, 2012

TOOK IT!! I TOOK THE TEST!
























I'm tired! I'm drinking a Bell's Hopslam, and might follow that up with something else from the fridge. And the spiking chemicals from the off-flavor tasting portion of the exam are playing hell with my plumbing.
What can I say? Of course, there was quite a bit of stuff on the test that I was not expecting to be on the test and I didn't study. There was a LOT of stuff I studied and knew really well and was nowhere to be found on the test. That's how tests go. It was about 140 questions: Short answer, fill in the blank, matching, and essay. Then a tasting portion which was divided into three parts. Then a draught component demo. We went over the tasting portion and I only missed one! And it was one where I wasn't sure and second guessed myself. I can safely say there were six or seven questions that I was not 100% sure of on the written portion. So, who knows?
But I have a tremendous sense of accomplishment, if for no other reason than, I have been saying for at least three years, "I'm gonna take that test". And now, I did. And if I do have to take it again, I'll know better what to expect. So, a good day. A very good day.

2 comments:

Ethan said...

For someone who is looking to take the BJCP exam as well, do you have any studying strategies that you can recommend (especially for the sensory portion of the exam)?

Unknown said...

Saw you visited Brooklyn Brewery! We are hosting the Chicago Sausage Experiment Cookoff with the Brewery on June 10th. Compete/Attend? Check out website here - http://thefoodexperiments.com/tour/chicag/